I would love to showcase it in the new section-The Readers Space! Fish Perattu How do you feel about covering that fish fry with a spicy masala packed with tons of flavor? Non-veg; Everyday; Kerala; Sauteeing; Side Dishes; Ingredients Serving: 4 . A typical Kerala dish that goes well with rice. Add ginger, garlic, shallots, curry leaves, and mashed dry red chillis. A generous proportion of grated coconut adds a depth of flavour to this enticing fish dish! Serve Meen Peera (Kerala Style Fish Recipe With Shredded Coconut) as a side dish with steamed rice and Whole wheat lachha paratha for a wholesome lunch. Meen Peera or Fish Peer, a typical Kerala non vegetarian side dish. Mrs KM Mathew. "Meen Pollichathu" is a much sought after Kerala delicacy. Kerala has many different varieties of fish curry preparation. If you cook a dish using a recipe from this blog, feel free to click a picture and send it across. Throw away the kudampuli and wash the fish under running water till cleaned well. What do you like the best fish curry or fish fry? Its big on flavors and low on work, a perfect combo if you ask me. Add ginger, garlic, shallots, curry leaves, and mashed dry red chillis. Meen Peera is a Kerala Style Fish Recipe with shredded coconut. Find Home Cooked Foods, Homemade items or Home based classes offered by Homemakers near you. Your email address will not be published. 49% 25g Carbs. 3 cloves of garlic Add about a cup of hot water just enough to cover the fish pieces and kokum. Marias Pizza Peru Back To Peru, IL. Hey there, I'm Shalini, food blogger and aspiring YouTuber. Kerala Style Garlic Prawns Fry This is a Must Try recipe recommendation from me. Thanks. A few curry leaves Fish is an integral part of Kerala food culture and Im not an exception. Your email address will not be published. Subscribe to my blog (find the subscription box below and on top of the website). Chop or slice shallots/onions and ginger into thins and put into an earthen pan (manchatti) preferably or into any of your favorite pan Top it with sliced green chillies, kudampuli and curry leaves Add the fish, salt, turmeric, fresh coconut scrapings and half cup of water Mix everything together with your hands or a spoon Choose from Meen Peera stock illustrations from iStock. Meen Pollichathu is a much sought after Kerala delicacy. Instructions Wash Anchovy and remove excess water and keep it aside. Add cleaned sardines to it and mix well. Therefore, we will not be adding water to this while grinding. 1 - 1.5 tsp Finely chopped garlic 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder 2 pieces Kokum (Kudampuli) (soaked in water) Coconut oil Salt Curry leaves Instructions Crush the ingredients from green chilli to turmeric powder using your finger tips. 1. Add this coconut mixture to the clay pot. Now, for me, its a tough choice between Kerala style fish fry and fish curry. Thanks for the awesome recipe. 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder Meen Peera is a yellow coloured recipe made of small or medium sized fishes like Mathi/ Chaala or Sardine and Natholi or Anchovies. Add the coconut mix and 2 big pieces of kudampuli into the sardines and mix well. When done, add the coconut oil and curry leaves, mix gently, and keep covered until ready to serve. Simple and easy recipe with minimal ingredients. Find high-quality royalty-free vector images that you won't find anywhere else. Netholy or Chuda or anchovies is the best fish for this recipe. Ginger: 1 inch, slice into small pieces. 18% 4g Fat. Join for free! Since Christmas is almost here I dont want to take much of your time, so we will straight away go to the recipe. Cut each fish into 3 pieces for better incorporation of flavor. Kerala Style Meen Achar (Fish Pickle) Madras Fish Masala Butter Garlic Squid Butter Garlic Squid Fry - this crunchy squid fry is a perfect starter for any party. But there is a slight catch to it, I'm not a fan of Karimeen, which is considered as the most fav fish in Kerala. Have a look at our other popular Fish & Prawn recipes. Keep aside. Cant wait for my next vacation in Kerala! I am pretty late in updating today's recipe. For preparing the dish, Start by pouring some oil into an earthen utensil. The yellow colour of the recipe is due to the presence of turmeric powder. The very mention of Kappa and Meen curry makes any Malayali nostalgic. It is best had with rice and is a flavorful and light dish. 1 cup of grated coconut Italian, Pizza $ (815) 223-6969. . Pour coconut oil on top and cover the pan. LOAD MORE. Hope you get to try this during this holiday season. Add the cleaned fish, ground coconut paste, kudam puli, and salt to a wide pan and mix gently until combined. Share and connect with me on social media. Meen Peera, however, is a dry preparation of fish. I will try to explain all of these, one by one, dring my Keto journey. Thanks for stopping by! 600gms sardines There are two reasons for it- One, I received a package today and I was so lost in setting it up. I made the Meenpollichathu with Karimeen and it was yummy & finger licking. Here you'll find only the best, trusted recipes with step-by-step photos and videos. 2007 - 2022 Archana's Online Media & Publishing Services LLP, Meen Peera (Kerala Style Fish Recipe With Shredded Coconut), Last Modified On Friday, 21 August 2020 05:30, Archana's Online Media & Publishing Services LLP, Goan Mackerel Curry (Bangdyache Hooman) Recipe. The frozen kind we get outside just dont cut it, especially for recipes that concentrate on simple flavours such as this one. Thanks a lot :) Good to know that this recipe worked out well for you. Meen peera is a traditional dish prepared using small fish like Anchovies (kozhuva), Netholi or Smelt. But to my surprise, it was Neymeen (kingfish) and so I finally got to taste this wonderful dish! Cook the fish with the lid open now stirring occasionally until the water has dried up. Theyre tried, tasted and trusted by over 125,000 smart cooks. You can use a variety of fish with bones for this recipe but it works especially well with sardines (also called mathi or chaala). For making Meen Peera, you can either use sardines(Mathi or Chala in Malayalam) or anchovies(Netholi). A generous proportion of grated coconut adds a depth of flavour to this enticing fish dish! Open the lid completely and continue to cook the fish a medium high flame until most of the liquid has dried up. Turn the flame on and cook the pan covered in low flame for 10 minutes (Stir now and then if needed). Giving credit wont hurt :), Learn more about MariasMenu, Maria & Jose. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I am Nags, the face behind Edible Garden, a food and recipes website for the busy (and sometimes lazy!) Meen Peera1 Chutta Kozhi Chutta Meen Our Menu FISH SOUP CHICKEN BEEF FAVOURITES EGG VEGETARIAN BREADS AFTERS WE ARE GOOD TOGETHER Rice Chutta Meen 190 Fleshy melt in the mouth chunks of fish doused in a delicious mix of sour and spice flavours. Double Ka Meetha-Double Ka Meeta-Diwali Sweets Recipes, Choc Khoya Kalakand-Kalakand Recipe-Diwali Sweets . A classic red fish curry. Buscador de palabras que se componen con una serie de letras. Keep aside for 10 minutes. 500gm of fish with bones, cleaned and sliced (we used anchovies which can be used whole with heads removed) Usually made with sardines (mathi) or anchovies (netili), this fish preparation is a true example of using locally available ingredients such as . Discover below the best of MariasMenu! Hi Maria..im very new to cooking, i tried this receipe and it came out very goood..super tasty..thanks! Hope you liked the recipe. 0.06 mi. This is the standard lunch menu back home. Updated on September 28, 2021 By Shalini Leave a Comment - This post contains affiliate links which means if you use them to make a purchase, I'll earn enough money to maybe buy me a lil' something - an ingredient, probably. Coarsely crush the shredded coconut, ginger, garlic, green chillies, shallots, turmeric powder (#3). Or on some days, when I am brave enough I prepare Buller Proof Coffee. 600+ recipes, tried & tested for you, tasted & trusted by you! Bring the mixture together with a wooden spoon and press down firmly. Add oil to a pan and heat it. 2. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Namaste! Is there any way to do this without the banana leaves? Recipe Tags. The Meen Peera (sardines with grated coconut, green chillies and black kokum) is a flavour explosion on your taste buds - succulent pieces of sardines coated with the tangy, tartness from black kokum, the fiery hit from green chillies cooled off by the refreshing crunch of grated coconut. Saltto taste. Fish(smelt) - 1/2 kg Grated Coconut - 1 cup Green chilli - 4 This is a healthy and tasty breakfast recipe. Thankfully, I had some pictures with me so that I could share this recipe with you. Add the other ingredients to this along with 2-3 tbsp of water. 1 piece of ginger Cook the fish with the lid open now stirring occasionally until the water has dried up. kerala style meen peera vattichathu ingredients sardine fish -1kg shallots - 9 or10nos green chilli - 3 nos garlic -6 or 7 nos ginger -1nos curry leaves - 3 sprigs grated coconut - 1 cup. If using sardines, cut them into small pieces. I made sure I got six packets of these gems from Kerala . Fitness Goals: Heart Healthy. Add about a cup of hot water just enough to cover the fish pieces and kokum. its also important to have the original kudampuli (gambooge in english) and not kokum that you find in stores outside India. Shallots: A handful, sliced OR you can use 1 medium sized onion; like I have used here.though shallots gives the best result..but excuses are for lazy hand like mine :) Kudampuli/Fish tamarind: Freshly scraped coconut: About 1 -1 1/2 cup. We wont complain but its bad karma! Required fields are marked *. Grind the coconut, garlic, shallots, ginger, turmeric, and chillies together into a coarse paste with some added water. Therefore, we will not be adding water to this while grinding. (I used my hands, but you could always use a wooden spoon to do this). I share only our best, family approved recipes with YOU because I've tried and tested every recipe published on this blog. Preparation time: 20 minutes Find only the best cooking recipes, hand selected by Maria. Thanks a ton for your lovely feedback, it did bring a big smile on my face :) Im really happy and touched to know that you trust the recipes here. The second reason is that I go vegetarian on Thursdays and it usually ends up in Intermittent Fasting. Simple and easy recipe with minimal ingredients. I trust u & ur recipes immensely so hv no doubts about how a dish will turn out if i follow ur recipeThanks a ton for being my cooking guide. It is now time to prepare the coconut mixture. I live in the beautiful land of India and in my blog you can find authentic Indian recipes. Another method is to mix the ground coconut mixture with cleaned fish pieces before adding to the pot. Serves 4-6 For preparing Meen Peera, heat a clay pot and add coconut oil. #meenpeera #netholipeera serves: 6 ingredients fish () - 350 gm (after cleaning) kokum star (). Amma uses coconut quite liberally in her dishes and this one is no exception. We wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas!! Try it with banana leaf when you get it, it adds more flavour to the dish. Meen Peera Preparation Soak the gambooge in water for half an hour. You can rest assured that Indian cooking will be made easy. 4-6 green chillies, depending on taste 1 cup of grated coconut 3 cloves of garlic 6-8 shallots / cheriya ulli 1 piece of ginger 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder A few curry leaves 2 tbsp of coconut oil Salt to taste Instructions: 1. Buscando palabras de cualquier longitud. This sounds very interesting.looks very flavourful and yummy!! I'm a Keto enthusiast and here you will also find ketogenic diet recipes for beginners. Be careful not to break the fish pieces. I love Kerala-style fish cooked with coconut and if asked what Id like for lunch, my first options will be either Kerala Style Fish Curry or this meen peera or meen pattichathu. Last year when we attended a wedding in Kerala, Meen Pollichathu was also there on the wedding menu. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a quiet scenic place in the middle of hustle n bustle of Cochin city. Subscribe to my blog (find the subscription box below and on top of the website).Share and connect with me on social media.