On November 10, 1998, the group released a holiday album, Home for Christmas. Chris Kirkpatrick later founded a non-profit organization that provided children with medical care and educational resources, titled The Chris Kirkpatrick Foundation. Post Cancel . About *NSYNC. They all knew it was over for three years before they told me. [82] Shipley further stated the album's pop, hip hop, and R&B elements helped NSYNC "climb to the top of the boy band heap. Following the success of the album's initial release, with singles "I Want You Back" and "Tearin' Up My Heart" reaching the top ten on the Official German Charts, and the album reaching number one on the Offizielle Top 100. 7 days later on November 16, 1998, NSYNC released The Winter Album in Germany. 5/26 Catalog Album Sales 88. The band completed five nationwide concert tours and has sold over 70 million records, becoming one of the best-selling boy bands in history. Guy: Celebrity Cook-off (2012), The Masked Singer (2019), Rewrapped (2014), My Family Recipe Rocks( 2012), and Common Knowledge (2019). In 2007, Bass confirmed the group's breakup. The best-selling album by NSYNC is NO STRINGS ATTACHED, which sold over 14,215,547 copies . This page was last edited on 24 September 2022, at 17:33. [66] They were slated to begin work on a new album in the fall of 2003,[67][68][69] but it never materialized. "[94], In a retrospective article for No Strings Attached's 20th anniversary, NPR's writer Maria Sherman said the album marked "the sound of a new millennium" and an "industry peak" commercially, while describing the group as "one of the last artists to benefit so greatly from the industry bubble before its spectacular burst," referring to the following post-9/11 era. "Thinking of You (I Drive Myself Crazy)", the final single, was released days later. Sales: . "[96] Several acts have cited the group as an influence, including Kelsea Ballerini,[97] Selena Gomez,[98] Meghan Trainor,[99] and Why Don't We. Nielsen SoundScan does not count albums sold through clubs like the BMG Music Service, which were significantly popular in the 1990s. [6] The band also recorded in the studio of producer Veit Renn, who used mattresses to create a soundproof environment. NSYNC won the heart of many fans when they released hits like "This I Promise You," and "Bye Bye Bye." In 2000, their sophomore LP "No Strings Attached" sold 1.2 million units on its first day. As with all stars from her generation, Perry sold the huge majority of her singles in digital format leaving very little space for physical sales. [31] The album was certified ten times platinum by the RIAA on January 5, 2000, denoting shipments of ten millions. NSYNC last recorded new material in 2002 before undergoing an indefinite hiatus. After six months, on October 10, 1998, the album reached and peaked at number 2 on the chart and remained on it for one hundred and nine weeks. That sum beats the single-week record for an album since Nielsen began tracking sales in 1991, set by *NSYNC's No Strings Attached, when it debuted with 2,416,000 in the week ending March 26, 2000. The . I couldve, honestly. [31] With this, NSYNC achieved the rare feat of having two albums in the Billboard Top 10 at the same time. the RIAA's certification process is based on shipments. Not stopping there, their third album, Celebrity, was released only a little over a year later and managed to sell a lofty 1.8 million copies in its first week, allowing *NSYNC to occupy the fist and second slots on the list of best first week sales ever, where they remain today. Bet your allowance on it", "A History Of *NSYNC's Breakup, According To Bandmates Not Named Justin Timberlake", "Justin Timberlake on Fatherhood, His Uncertain Future and Being Best Friends With Jimmy Fallon", "Report: Justin Timberlake, 'NSync to Reunite at VMAs: First performance together in 10 years", "Justin Timberlake Says Next 'NSYNC Album Will Sound 'Different', "*NSYNC VMA Performance: Justin Timberlake's Boy Band Reunites For MTV Onstage Reunion", "Lance Bass says no *NSYNC reunion tour planned", "Sony releases surprise NSync album; NSync is surprised", "*NSYNC Reunites to Receive Hollywood Walk of Fame Star (Watch)", "Ariana Grande Brought Out *NSYNC at Coachella and Tore Up Our Hearts In a Good Way", "Progressive Made an Ad 'Where Nothing Happens,' With One Notable Exception", "The Future According To NSYNC: 20 Years Of 'No Strings Attached', "*NSYNC's 'No Strings Attached' Shook Up the Sound of Y2K Pop", "*NSYNC: Get to the Show Game Boy Color", "McDonald's Creates the Music Event of the Summer", "*NSYNC 'Dirty Pop-Up' Shop Coming to Los Angeles Featuring Official Merch Capsule Collection", "Ranking the Best Boy Bands of the '90s and '00s", "Big Time Rush, One Direction, the Wanted: The boy band is making a comeback", "Eminem is Billboard artist of the decade", "*NSYNC Nailed The Boy Band Blueprint With No Strings Attached", "Harry Styles Has Weathered the Post-Boy Band Storm Better Than Most", "See Kelsea Ballerini Cover Britney Spears, N'Sync in Nineties Medley", "Selena Gomez talks new album: Inside the laid-back Mexico sessions for 'Revival', "Meghan Trainor Talks 'All About That Bass' And Her Upcoming Album & Offers Up A Cotton Candy Giveaway: Interview", "Why Don't We: Meet the Band Who Want to Be the Next 'N Sync", "Hayley Williams Explains Why Hair Is a "Very Emotional Thing," and Why She'd Never Wear This Hair Color", "Fatboy Slim, 'NSYNC, 'Lady Marmalade' Gather Most Moonmen", "Wait, so *NSYNC isn't getting back together?! NSYNC total sales by country 3. It's difficult to say for sure. In Brazil, the ultimate copies of the first CD of Nsync, came with this sticker, written Gold Record (Disco de Ouro). With one successful Boy Band under his belt, Lou Pearlman sought to strike gold twice. Britney Spears grabbed the top female solo artist category at 23, and country act George Strait snagged the male solo title with 29. . But who was that unstoppable, chest flashing artist at No. [63][64] In a 2019 interview on The Jenny McCarthy Show, Fatone said the group believed they would be reuniting because they were young and didn't know better at first.[63] He then went on to say that the momentum of the Justified album and tour was the reason for prolonging a group reunion that would result in new music. The group's third album, Celebrity, released on July 24, 2001, produced three singles: "Pop" (number 19 in the US), "Gone" (number 11) and "Girlfriend" (number 5). The group was immortalized in wax in Madame Tussauds New York wax museum in 2002; all five members of NSYNC were present the day of the unveiling. After watching the group perform a rendition of their single "Together Again" in Budapest in November 1997, he offered them a record deal with RCA, which the group immediately agreed to. With their legal woes behind them, NSYNC refocused and worked on tracks for its second album. Think of late '90s/early '00s pop music, and chances are that one of your thoughts will be of *NSYNC. Thank you."[76]. [81] Sherman also noted their sophomore album to be relevant to the pop market of 2020: "a union of Swedish pop songcraft with R&B and hip-hop's flow and bounce; an eagerness to explore mature themes and styles; an understanding that dance and visual presentation can turn stars into icons. [56][71] In 2005, the members regrouped again for the last NSYNC Challenge for the Children, but did not perform. But, when Timberlake's solo career took off and other members pursued their own projectsFatone opted for acting and Broadway; Bass tried becoming a cosmonaut*NSYNC called it quits in 2007. [18] The album also charted successfully in both Switzerland and Austria eventually selling 820,000 units in GSA (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) region and Eastern Europe. After Roddy Ricch, Post. In 2008, JC was invited to be a judge for seven seasons of MTVs, Americas Best Dance Crew. [43] As of August 2012, No Strings Attached was the eighth best selling album of the SoundScan era, and received a Diamond certification from RIAA for sales of over 11,099,000. 2000: NSYNC.[49]. Singles such as "Bye Bye Bye", "This I Promise You", "Girlfriend", "Pop" and "It's Gonna Be Me" reached the top 10 in several international charts, with the last being a US Billboard Hot 100 number one. Join Date: 18 Mar 2012; Posts: 27752; Share On November 5, 2002, Justin Timberlake became a solo artist debuting his first album, Justified(2002). Their first holiday collection features . About; . The levels listed are "Gold" 75,000 sales, "Platinum" 200,000 sales and "Diamond" 750,000 sales. NSYNC album sales NSYNC sold over 33,933,133 albums, including 30,816,000 in the United States and 260,000 in the United Kingdom. The following is a list of all of the albums that sold at least one million copies in a single week:[59][60][61][62][63], List of best-selling albums in the United States of the Nielsen SoundScan era. Track List :1. [35], The album was ranked as the 137th best album of all time on the Billboard Top 200 Albums of All Time.[36]. [11] Their self-titled debut album was initially released by BMG Ariola Munich on May 26, 1997, in Germany, and peaked at number one in the second week after its release. 12/3 Billboard Top Album Sales Total = Chain Indep MassM Non Traditional 195. The accompanying album, No Strings Attached, was released on March 21, 2000. [9] Justin Timberlake went on to become a ten-time Grammy Award winner throughout his solo career.[10]. The adventures of preparing for the tour were featured on an MTV special "Making the Tour", which was later released on DVD. On April 19, 2021, Bass, Fatone, and Kirkpatrick reunited for a Progressive Insurance commercial known as "The 3/5ths of NSYNC".[80]. [7][8] Rolling Stone recognized their instant success as one of the Top 25 Teen Idol Breakout Moments of all time. 12. [33] NSYNC sued Pearlman and his record company, Trans Continental, for defrauding the group of more than fifty percent of their earnings, rather than his promise of only receiving one-sixth of the profits, similar to his promise of one-sixth of the profits with the Backstreet Boys. By year's end, Shaggy's Hotshot and 'NSYNC's Celebrity were separated by a mere 86,000 copies with the reggae singer outselling 'NSYNC in the nearly obsolete cassette format. Debuting at No. "No Strings . "Feels Like Home" by Norah Jones A year later he published Out of Sync, an autobiography that made an appearance on the New York Times Bestseller list. 11. [63] Recalling a conversation he'd had with his bandmates, Fatone elaborated: I said Listen, I'm all good with everybody doing their own shit. NSYNC Has Sold Over 70 Million Records It has been estimated that NSYNC was able to sell 70 million records during their time together. Linkin Park, Shaggy, 'NSYNC Are 2001's Top-Sellers", "SoundScan 1999 Year-End Music Industry Report", "Audio/Video Revolution: Record Sales Up 4% in 2000 Despite Napster & MP3.com", "MTV News:Eminem Sold Most Albums, Nickelback Ruled Radio In '02", "Nielsen SoundScan and Nielsen BDS 2003 Year End Music Industry Report", "Usher's 'Yeah!' As a prime example her debut single, I Kissed A Girl, sold a mere 28,000 CD singles in the UK out of an overall 750,000 units total, less than 4% of . [81][82] Celebrity (2001) was mainly a pop/R&B record with electronica elements. Untitled I Do Your Thing Bye Bye Bye It's Gonna Be Me Untitled II For the Girl Who Has Everything (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You Tearin' Up My Heart Untitled III Celebrity Up Against the Wall Untitled IV She Loves You / I Want to Hold Your Hand / Hey Jude Twist and Shout Check out our nsync album tops selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. [23][24], NSYNC captured the attention of Vincent DeGiorgio, an A&R rep for RCA Records. On I drive myself crazy. SoundScan began tracking sales data for Billboard on March 1, 1991. That's about as many copies as Beyonce's last album one of the best-selling albums of this decade has sold in its entire run. Bye Bye Bye2. 1.1 million, "Bye Bye Bye"; 526,000, "Tearin' Up My Heart"; 443,000, "It's Gonna Be Me"; 297,000, "I Want You Back"; 371,000, "This I Promise You". Total sales: 11,113,000 (in 6 countries) Total. [4], The newly-formed group began recording demos in closets, which eventually became "Sailing" and "Giddy Up". Former Jive employees and industry folk break down how *NSYNC pulled off a massive sales week in 2000 with their sophomore album 'No Strings Attached.' *NSYNC's 'No Strings Attached' First Week in 2000: How It Happened - Billboard However, at the last minute, Galasso dropped out as he was not fond of the group's musical direction, claiming that being a teen idol was never a goal of his. When asked how he felt about the fallout of *NSYNC's breakup, Bass explained Me and the guys were neveron bad terms at all, you know, it's just life goes on and y-you know you have more interests; you have to focus on your career and it's great. [11] NSYNC created their name after Timberlake's mother commented on how "in sync" the group's singing voices were.