Comments: Absolutely the smoothest reels on the market. The Talica is the pinnacle of the small lever drag 2-speed market and was designed from the ground up to be an excellent casting reel with an ultra-smooth and powerful drag system to handle long battles. Click "I agree" or any link to accept these cookies. The Sedona FI line of spinning reels incorporates Shimanos state-of-the-art HAGANE Gear technology to provide long-lasting smoothness and durability in both freshwater, inshore and offshore applications. In recent years, anglers have benefitted from an increasing number of entrants into this space, which now includes both long-term industry stalwarts and industry newcomers, each with a different idea of what makes the perfect spinning reel. The Revo Rocket will perform as promised and handle a wide range of species and situations. Set it up with 2 breaks on, and set the dial to 3 and that was it. These low gear ratios have made flipping and pitching the exclusive domain of baitcasting reels. For quality Phenix Rods and Shimano Terez, please visit our site! Reader Pick: Clarkspoons catch many species including Spanish mackerel, redfish, dolphin, bonito, blackfin tuna and even Cobia. Have it paired with a Loomis NRX 873 and it's my favorite setup. X-Ship and HEG technologies combine to provide massive cranking power with a smooth and effortless retrieve that's perfect for throwing big baits and catching big fish. Coupling that ultra-smooth brass gearing with Shimanos Silent Tune technology results in reduced spool bearing vibration to maximize casting distance and improve cast feel. X-Protect makes the new The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. It only takes a flick of the wrist to cast a country mile. You can feel the gears bite on each other and small vibration when you turn the handle and it was really annoying. Theres no such thing as a reel thats perfect for every situation and every species, but if youre looking for a setup with the widest range of applicability, choose a 3000 or 4000 size spinning reel. The new SLX is the replacement model for the Caenan. No matter where you are and what type of water you are fishing, a good old-fashioned bucktail jig is hard to beat. I will keep the reel but I am unlikely to buy another one. Casts longer, lighter and smoother. I've most of Shimanos reels out past decade .. this one is my favorite .. has the silky smooth feeling of the chronarch MGL .. but has the stud looks of the bantam, love that they put a brass main gear in this one. highly recommendFrom: Dean: Henderson, NV 12/10/20, Comments: Been using Shimano for quite some time. In this case, a very short amount of time. I have the XG model paired with a Dobyns DX743 for Keitech casting jigs and it is an amazing combo. With an impressive 7:1 gear ratio, this reel takes a step in the right direction. Get the best deals on Shimano Fishing Reels when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. I'll be buying at least two more. Anglers of all Depending on the length of lip, lipped plugs can dive deep underwater and swim erratically. Free shipping on many items Lures & Flies; Line & Leaders; Terminal Tackle; Clothing, Shoes & Accessories; Fishfinders; Shimano Calcutta 200B CT-200b Saltwater Fishing Reel (USED IN GOOD CONDITIONS) $179.95. Shimano engineers overhauled the legendary Tekota to enhance the overall performance and durability of these battle-tested reels with improved gear strength and faster line retrieval. SHIMANO PREDATOR Subscribe now on our Shimano Predator Youtube channel to view exclusive predator fishing content, skipping videos and much more! However, with this new Met B, I was able to bomb skirted and bladed lures from 3/16 to 1/2 oz (in the wind) with little brake adjustments. Most predators prefer prey thats easily captured. 174 Route 17 North Rochelle Park, NJ 07662 1-201-587-0011 The lure product lines from Jackall include everything an angler could need for fresh or saltwater, from lipless crankbaits and wire baits to soft plastics and hard swimbaits. Why it Made the Cut: Shimanos Stradic lineup is field-tested and proven.Coming in various sizes, the Stradic FL will be ready to excel on the water no matter the conditions. 12lbs is hardly enough for that style of fishing. Too large a reel will fatigue you quickly with the added weight. I always stayed away from Shimano reels because of there heavy weight and low pound drags. How Much Would You Pay for the Hottest Lure of the Year? If a shallower spool exist it will be nicer so you wont have to deal with low IPT when the spool is casted out and low capacity. Comments: Smooth and soft as room temperature butter. Comments: The Metanium MGL 150 B doesn't need a review at this point. The sealed drag generates up to 24 pounds of stopping force in the 4000 size, so you can put the brakes on smaller reds and schoolie stripers. But for now, this is the fastest hired gun you can find. Not even remotely fair. Once you set it up for your style, This reel cast a long way. The Digital Control braking system utilizes a microcomputer to monitor spool speed 1,000 times every second and applies the perfect amount of brake to prevent backlash while maximizing casting distance. The Spheros SW 3000 and 4000 are perfect for fishing off the beach, on the pier or inshore. Thanks to the machined A7075 aircraft-grade aluminum DigiGear, the Ballistic LT puts the butter-smooth drag of ultra-premium reels into a premier, affordable package. Comments: Lightweight, strong, easy to cast, and comfortable in my hand, the new Metanium is an outstanding reel. I will be buying more of these for sure. The lure product lines from Jackall include everything an angler could need for fresh or saltwater, from lipless crankbaits and wire baits to soft plastics and hard swimbaits. Metal jig options include Shimano, Williamson, Mustad, and Hogy. I'm sure if you are casting, the handle will move forward and you could miss it, but at this price point, we are paying for a level of refinement. The frame itself is really narrow especially when compared to DC reels. These rods also can do double duty as trolling rods, whether you're fishing deep in the water column with wire line or dragging your lures higher up with mono. 20% more compact than the Caenon, but offering the same line capacity, the Shimano SLX Casting Reel leverages proven Shimano technologies to provide dependability and performance in spades. Famous for our custom hand tied fishing rigs. Slowly replacing my fleet of Curado DC reels with these. There's a Calcutta reel for almost any application, in fresh or saltwater. The SLX XT is replacing the 2016 CASITAS. Shimano developed the all-new Saragosa SW BFC for the dedicated billfish angler to boast the market's fastest retrieval rate at 56 inches of line per turn with an optimized drag curve for light-line applications. Highly recommend the new mentanium.. have my paired up with a Dobyns Xtasy .. talk about visual eye candy . Why it Made the Cut: A smooth but strong drag system is arguably the most important aspect of a trout reel. For serious saltwater fishing action, the Twin Power SW spinning reels fuse Shimano technology for a reel with overwhelming power, durability and reliability to tackle any situation in any condition. The Talica is the pinnacle of the small lever drag 2-speed market and was designed from the ground up to be an excellent casting reel with an ultra-smooth and powerful drag system to handle long battles. Standard baitcasting reels are constructed in a way that when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and can actually drag on the spool shaft. $10.00 shipping. Completely redesigned by Shimano engineers, the all-new Shimano Metanium MGL 150 B Casting Reel is the most advanced Metanium ever produced. Nothing wrong with the Curados, but this Metanium is next level. The Calcutta series of reels represents the core of Shimano's quality, versatility, dependability and long-term value. These shields reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting rotation of the bearing. No way I got two lemons, and I'm sure if you check your Metanium, it does it too. With a product range including the most advanced reels, rods, accessories, apparel, lures and more, we provide professional and It's the perfect real that can pretty much do everything. Comments: Without a doubt, this is the smoothest casting reel I have ever had. Filling the void as a comprehensive high-end series, Grappler Type J has a place in every nearshore/offshore jigging angler's arsenal. I will buy more of these reels. Striking good looks, lightweight with a solid feel, and an ultra smooth reeling experience combine to win the hearts of anglers around the globe. Nevertheless, we still find it hard to beat the Stradics, which combine durability and ease of function. These rods also can do double duty as trolling rods, whether you're fishing deep in the water column with wire line or dragging your lures higher up with mono. Make quick, one-handed casts via the QuickFire II system while achieving increased distances with less effort and fewer wind knots because of the Propulsion Line Management System. The saltwater safe, magnesium Hagane Body offers rigidity and all-day comfort. new zealand. The Super Stopper and Assist Stopper ensures there is no back play in your spool for rocksolid hooksets. Sustain is packed with a long list of high-end features which translates to serious performance. Lightweight design, combined with exceptionally direct contact make working lures with a Baitcaster or a small multiplier type reel extremely efficient and rewarding. The Stradic FL now features Shimanos MicroModule Gear II to enhance rotational smoothness and power transfer that has never before been achieved in a reel at this price point. Crankbait options include Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap, 13 Fishing, Berkley, Rapala, LiveTarget, and Savage Gear. shimano fishing - australia. The saltwater safe, magnesium Hagane Body offers rigidity and all-day comfort. I've learned that the hard way in trying to keep buying other brands that are cheaper. Shimano and many more. Here you can find everything you might need for your next fishing trip: rods, reels, lures, apparel and fishing accessories. of course the micro module gearing makes for super liquid smooth retrieves. I have a bunch of Curados and decided to step my arsenal up a bit. There is no comparison! The new Stella SW builds on that tradition and brings unmatched strength, reliability and ease of use to serious saltwater anglers. Educating and delivering world-class customer service for the finest in premium saltwater, freshwater, and fly fishing tackle from 700+ manufacturers and brands. Shimano offers the Talica in Call or visit our retail store! Free shipping on many items Lures & Flies; Line & Leaders; Terminal Tackle; Clothing, Shoes & Accessories; Fishfinders; Shimano Calcutta 200B CT-200b Saltwater Fishing Reel (USED IN GOOD CONDITIONS) $179.95. Tekota's legacy of durability and performance continues with the fully redesigned Tekota A lineup of reels. I have it paired with a 7'M Fantasista Premier and 40lb braid, and it can cast a weightless 4" senko 20-30 yards, easily. This reel is out cast any other reel but you have to understand how centrifugal breaks work. Tekota's legacy of durability and performance continues with the fully redesigned Tekota A lineup of reels. Tacklewarehouse return was extremely fast and simple; I got my replacement in a week and in time for the trip I was planning on using it for. Compared to my 2 Chronarchs, it has a noticeably higher quality "feel" to it (may be the extra weight). The lure product lines from Jackall include everything an angler could need for fresh or saltwater, from lipless crankbaits and wire baits to soft plastics and hard swimbaits. From bass to small billfish, Sustain is built with the power and rigidity to handle a wide variety of fishing challenges while maintaining the refinement and light rotation that Sustain is known for. Spinning reels were historically plagued by line twists and balky drag systems, but the wide range of open-faced reels on the market today leave those stereotypes in the dust. This reel has so much power the fish don't stand a chance. This reel will keep out any dirt, water, or debris anglers encounter in harsh saltwater environments. Ultegra is a feature-packed powerhouse, offering premium performance for all anglers. I put this up against a curado DC any day and you'll see how much butter it is at controlling backlash. The Spheros SW 3000 and 4000 are perfect for fishing off the beach, on the pier or inshore. As far as settings, I started at a 3 brakes on, 1 off, and the dial at 2 or 3. Subscribe now on our Shimano Tribal Youtube channel to watch the most amazing carp session videos, tips and tricks from our pro-staff and the exclusive Tribal DVD! The Spheros SW 3000 and 4000 are perfect for fishing off the beach, on the pier or inshore. saltwater ice lures & baits hardbaits jigs clothing hats shimano fishing-rus. smoothest reel i have ever used. Clark Spoons are productive whether jigging, casting or trolling. Comments:Bought this reel after reading a lot of positive reviews and after using the curado DC. Boasting a long list of Shimano's most advanced technologies, like MicroModule gearing and X-ship, the Shimano Chronarch Casting Reels deliver high-end performance that works well in freshwater and saltwater. Illnesses and safety protocols related to COVID have led to staffing shortages that are currently affecting our phone and pickup order hours. Talica reels were purpose-built to take advantage of modern braided lines such as PowerPro Hollow Ace and shorter fluorocarbon leaders. Also the side plate B of the reel, with the SVS Infinity brakes, has a bad issue with any sand and/or grain that gets in will scratches the part between the sideplate and the frameso just be prepared for that to happen. We specialize in saltwater and freshwater fishing tackle with over 25 years of experience in the industry! We polled our staff and reached out to some of the best fishing tackle experts in the game to create this list and you wont be disappointed with the results. Thats ok, because even if it were slower, it would still be a valuable choice. Select a high gear ratio if you need to move baits in a hurry, or a lower one if you need the power to winch fish out of cover. Incorporating exciting concepts like Hagane Gear, G-Free Body, CI4+, X-Ship, CoreProtect, and the totally new Magnumlite Rotor which allows a super light feel when you turn the handle, the new Stradic CI4+ is built to last. Predators all over the world, in all depths, find flutter jigs, vertical jigs, speed jigs, slow jigs and other types of metal jigs irresistible. Honed, I really can't tell the difference between this 400 dollar reel vs a 200 dollar Shimano as far as performance. Options include Z-Man Diezel Minnowz, D.O.A. Free Ground shipping on orders over $50 | Free Returns, Burning a Chatterbait on Headwaters with Clausen, Shin Fukae Fishing Gamakatsu Cover Neko Hook. The SLX DC XT is the leading model in the hugely popular SLX series. Shimano designed the all-new Catana FE family of spinning reels with precision, power and performance for the budget-minded angler looking to get out and enjoy a day on the water.