A-143, 9th Floor, Sovereign Corporate Tower, We use cookies to ensure you have the best browsing experience on our website. by displaying it inside a blank unfocused control). How do I make kelp elevator without drowning? It doesn't seem to matter if you have far too many, you just need enough. What exactly makes a black hole STAY a black hole? A Bootstrap textarea is an input dedicated for a large volume of text. It is likely that the indent level of each line will vary depending on the width of your text area. What's the exact argument for "must not contain" LR or CR? How to change selected value of a drop-down list using jQuery? Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. So I made a constructor function Placeholder that looks exactly like the built-in placeholder and works also in other browsers than Google Chrome. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. But I didn't include full code snippet since Richard's original answer is on the same topic, and mine is just simple modification. Making location easier for developers with new data primitives, Stop requiring only one assertion per unit test: Multiple assertions are fine, Mobile app infrastructure being decommissioned, 2022 Moderator Election Q&A Question Collection. This solution does not work in Firefox (tested on 22.0-28.0b9). OR "What prevents x from doing y? Basic Usage Angular JavaScript React Vue Autogrow When the autoGrow property is set to true, the textarea will grow and shrink based on its contents. [Total Downloads] [ico-downloads]] [link-downloads] Allows for multiline placeholding text in textareas Disables itself for Chrome due to native support. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. How to query certain rows from a table based on other associated rows in the same table? Stack Overflow for Teams is moving to its own domain! why isn't it voted up higher? Does a creature have to see to be affected by the Fear spell initially since it is an illusion? Is there something like Retr0bright but already made and trustworthy? Angular Material uses MatInput Directive to create <input> and <textarea> inside a <mat-form-field>. If a creature would die from an equipment unattaching, does that creature die with the effects of the equipment? Using a non-js technique may have different outcomes on different browsers -- specifically standards compliant versus non-compliant browsers. Click the New button. I have modified the concept so that it can be added to any page without repercussion. Type string maxLength The maximum number of characters that a user can enter. textalignvertical not working in ios react native.. "/> Site design / logo 2022 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Some coworkers are committing to work overtime for a 1% bonus. Stack Overflow for Teams is moving to its own domain! Saving for retirement starting at 68 years old. administrators, users, developers and designers. if statement in react native. The placeholder attribute specifies a short hint that describes the expected value of a text area. this does exactly what the original question asked for. The comments saying different must refer to "A Nice Little Hack". Included in: dx.web.js, dx.all.js . If you want multi-line input, use a