The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience." Most so-called unscriptural practices in any religion depend upon the beliefs of the person criticizing a particular religion. CLICK TO DONATEto Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a501c3 Ministry)Use a Credit Card or PayPalfor safe, secure giving. Ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and guidance. This is a revision of the publication The Trinity: Fact or Fiction? I believe we all will be saved at the end. We dont try to live like Jesusto please God. Instead, we should desire to surrender to Godswill and let the HolySpirit work in and through us. You cant be a Christian if you dont believe in Jesus. According to these verses, the answer seems to be yes! No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting! dating someone who doesn't believe in God. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Thank you very much for your kind words and I appreciate that you took the time to comment and share your experience. I believe Jesus is my Savior and he died for my sins so that I might have life more abundantly. What do you say? Paul also taught that saving grace came through believing in both the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ and His works (His life, death, burial, and resurrection). Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.. Describing God and his Son Not who, but WHAT are they? I was a faithful Orthodox Christian for most of my life. I think a "Christian" is someone who simply tries their best to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. Someone's going to jump in here and talk about Messianic Judaism, so I'm going to repeat my policy on that. Thanks for sharing your opinion. You see, God loves us very much, but mindless obedience is VERY important to God, So God decided to barbecue us eternally for the mistakes of our ancestors. I guess the scholarly debate is if the scripture is indicating sameness or equality? There are also some things I believe they get wrong, too. But no, not once has the spirit that dwells in me been glad to hear of the trinity, only highlighting the scriptural contradictions of the doctrine. Christians are free to disagree. I refuse to let anyone else tell me how I should or shouldn't identify religiously. Listed on Blogspots Thank you for taking the time to offer your opinion. When taken to task by the Jews, Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am. (Claiming He was indeed God) Never, in spite of all the opportunities, did He say he was one of three. All will become clear, one day . What I'm teaching here is Rabbinic Judaism. Registered User He is Gods Son, impregnated in Mary by Gods Holy Spirit. (verses 5b-14). Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesuswith a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. Ive heard it too many times and thats why Im all done with Christianity. in after about 200 posts a mod will post a mod hat explaining the flaming policy on Christian Forums . That line, from the Nicene Creed, is the foundational statement of Christian belief. For example, Western Christians believe Jesus was an inhuman divine being (Council of Chalcedon), so not a human religious leader, but an aspect of God itself. I believe this interpectoral Doctrine comes from the early Priests (1000s years ago ) not wanting to loose credibility over a doctrine that is difficult to explain and defend. None of them believe that Jesus was a literal vine, or that his disciples were branches, even though Jesus referred to them that way. April 13, 2017 by Ian Paul. The advances and discoveries over time that increase our understanding of our brains and bodies (which God enables) need to be respected and acknowledged by people of faith. This Might Surprise You.The Last Supper was NOT a Passover Seder? I AM created the physical universe, I AM became a human baby, I AM rose from the dead. Can you become a Christian if you deny the Trinity? No. What Does it Mean to Taste and See that the Lord is Good? We do not send any commercial advertising, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. Dont give me a second thought. We can see, therefore, that although the Trinity is characteristic of the Christian religion, it is by no means peculiar to it. When John said the word was God he was not saying that Jesus was identical with God; he was saying that Jesus was so perfectly the same as God in mind, in heart, in being that in him we perfectly see what God is like. William Barclay, The Gospel of John, volume 1, page 39. He lived and was put to death by the hands of the Jewish chief. Enter your email address and we will send you instructions on how to reset your password. But Jesus has a beginning. 2022 Grace to You. Dont need to be in a religion to accept . We should make people of other religions, lifestyles, sexualities, beliefs, etc. And that's okay. However, their works were a demonstration of their faith. No. If you believe all the above you will get to be with God in heaven. It is aggressively defended by many friends of mine. Unless to say, I kept my opinions to myself! John 10v30 says I, and the Father are One. So, would that apply also to spiritual things? Hello, Basically my position is that the concept of the Trinity was by committee vote, not by direct scriptural text and even un-intended in concept. I don't know where/how to worship. We can trust him when it . Salvation is by the grace of God through faith (Ephesians 2:8). There is no perfect church. Thank you for reading this article and sharing your opinion. Yet, we seem to have considerable confusion about what this actually means. There are many reasons why some sinful people are drawn to a certain group of character because they want to be saved as well, just like how many sinned were drawn to Jesus. (nuns can be a mean lot). In an effort to increase the church membership, many pagans were brought in, and with the pagans came pagan ideas. Christian is defined as a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings. Maybe you could even ask Him to speak to your boyfriend, to draw him closer, or even to help him believe. Christians should not believe in karma because the sum of people's works does not decide whether they are saved or not. Same thing. No-one comes to the Father except through me." In Acts 4:12 Peter proclaims, "Salvation is found in no-one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved." For Paul, the faithful will enjoy eternal life, but those who don't . Yes I am, because of this wonderful article. The Greek philosopher, Plotinus, believed in three higher principles, each one more sublime than the preceding. But not the way many believe we should. 2. We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless! We are saved by grace, through faith in Christ alone, according to the Scriptures. 1 Corinthians 15:1-5 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you; unless you believed in vain. In John 14:6 Jesus declares, "I am the way and the truth and the life. If you want to be a better Pagan, stop worrying about what you or anyone else believes,. And its particularly embarrassing to be a [denomination name] minister bound for hell. I am happy you found this website and I appreciate that you felt comfortable in sharing you experience. So where do I worship, where are those who believe as I. I need to learn so much more. Jesus of Nazareth is in fact in history. And Gods righteousness is infinite, so God couldnt just forgive us or teach us how to do better. I always trusted my gut feelings when studying mans doctrines. And as I typed, I slowly realized that I don't exactly identify as a Christian anymore. Jesus the Word made flesh. Also you cant enter heaven. And in their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. (2 Peter 2:13). At one time, when I was young, I felt uneasy, because I was unable to grasp the idea that was being presented to me. :bow: John 14:12 Very truly I tell you, whoever. But, I can find more to debate about in some larger Christian religions than I can in the JWs. God is merciful. Three Days in the Heart of the EarthThe Days of DarknessSadness and Despair: The Darkest Days of All TimeObituary of Jesus: Body Stolen or Risen? You must make up your own mind, for that is what God expects of you, but it really doesnt matter, one way or the other, in order to be saved by Jesus sacrifice. Thanks! . Just click the proper button at the end of each article. I asked my accusers if they would also follow Hitler if he were to rise from the dead. A sincere Christian, following Jesus teaching, will eventually arrive at the truth. The earliest-found usage of the term Christian deism in print in English is in 1738 in a book by Thomas Morgan, appearing about . Can a Christian believe that Jesus is not God? Rabbi Shraga Simmons, co-founder of the popular Orthodox Jewish website Aish.com attempts to give some answers why he believes Jews do not believe in Jesus, and Jews and Christians would do well to listen. Second, you couldn't possibly understand who Christ isthat He is God in human flesh. It's enough to believe that all people made in God's image. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. All His miracles were by the Holy Spirit. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free John 8:32, (NIV). Look for a https://www.biblestudents.org/sample-page/ in your area. Thank you for viewing this article and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Premarital Sexual Activity & the Bible: How Far Can You Go? Jesus always credited his Father with creation (see Matthew 19:4). I am 100% inclined to distrust mans doctrine.. And even some secondary doctrines like the pre trib rapture because the word of God is enough. However, Jesus mentioned one thing that is important. I am not a JW, but I believe they teach much truth. The answer is an undebatable, NO. Monotheism is the Doctrine or Belief That There Is Only One God (Supreme Being) OBS respects your privacy and is also compliant with the European Union GDPR regulation. Lord have mercy on this man. This is a difficult saying for us to understand, and it is difficult because Greek, in which John wrote, had a different way of saying things from the way in which English speaks. Do what you are comfortable doing, there is no disrespect. Its mind blowing to me, given that he is even mentioned in the Quran! Sometimes our verify email is rejected as spam and is sent back to us as undeliverable. Do these two reasons nail it? focus against which everything else is measured: MAKE DISCIPLES of mine, Jesus says. Ask Him what He thinks about you having a relationship outside your faith. The Rest of The Birdcage Story? This unfortunately also means I wont be going to heaven with many of you. The God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," shone in their hearts "to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of" their brother, Jesus ( 2 Corinthians 4:6 ). Social sharing is permitted. After years of bible study and asking every single time for the Holy Spirits truth, Ive become a Non-trinitarian. (John 13-17), Blessed is the King -- A Palm Sunday video, Walking with Jesus Tested by the Chief Priests and Elders, Whats your Judas experience? Second, you couldnt possibly understand who Christ isthat He is God in human flesh. . Over the years I searched for a religion that did not teach the trinity, in vane. But it was in the . Whats the Crimson Worm? In saying that, I realize that such an answer is going to not only impact people that you may have witnessed to (like Mormons), but it also applies to some in the broader Pentecostal movement, called United Pentecostals or "Jesus-Only" Pentecostals. I believe He was our Savior, I believe He died on the cross for everyone's sins. Ive been such a fool. Please dont give up. Most people read over it and dont understand what it all means. Why on the 8th day? At the same time, though, it is only through the Bible that we learn about Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection on our behalf ( 2 . Please be aware that these items are sent out from our office in the UK. I appreciate your comment and glad it gives you something to think about. There are others out there who believe like you do, but most are afraid to admit it. After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: Father, the hour has come. As I share meals with my family, I have to face the fact that while they are enjoying the heavenly banquet, I will be screaming in unending torment along with Jews and Democrats and the evil college professors who teach evolution. Even Bart Ehrman, a renowned biblical scholar and self-described atheist, stipulates to the existence of Jesus. Thank you for your comment and for taking the time to share your testimony. In a similar, but very modern thought, Frank Lloyd Wright,7 the famous American architect, is credited with construction of more than 500 homes and commercial buildings, most of which still stand today. A donation of any amount isneeded andgreatly appreciated. Gods Word is very clear on this. Ultimately, the victory is ours but there are still battles to fight until we Jesus comes again. I hope you will return here from time to time. You have been saved by Him because you believed that He is God and you trusted in His love for you and His work on your behalf(includingHis resurrection from the grave). Thanks for sharing your thought. So traditionally, and theologically, the answer to your question is: No, there is no way for someone to theologically be aligned with both Judaism and Christianity. Sola Scriptura Scripture Alone! So God invented cancer and hemorrhoids to punish human beings for our treachery. I happened upon JW organization. The Bible is filled with sexual innuendo, which celebrates sexual love. God got very angry. The church teaches salvation thru Jesus so I enjoy my friends.. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Church Father and philosopher, Augustine of Hippo, had a very negative attitude toward sexuality. I do not believe it is my job to convert anyone to Christianity. Answer: I would answer, "No." If you don't believe in the Trinity, then you don't understand who God is. The Greek for God is theos ([Strongs] Greek #2316) and the definite article is ho (Greek #3588). Sometimes atheists will ask why Christians believe in Jesus and not Santa Claus. Little-by-little, inaccuracy crept in as the gospel message of Jesus Christ became more and more popular. Did John do these things? 1 John 5:7 does not imply a co-equal trinity whatsoever. Jesus is God's only son, the once-for-all revelation of God among us ( Matthew 1:23 ). But they have lost faith in the church. You need to know that they take from and add to the bible that is why you have to read their bible the new world translation of the holy scriptures and if there is something in there you dont understand you have a book of reasoning they do not believe that jesus is coming back for his people the rapture to remove us from the tribulation then bring us back after its over to rein on earth.they dont.let you research anything from their bible you are not allowed to and you do not take it subtract from the word of god that is in deuteronomy 4 2. I do accept him as my savior. TruNews refuse to admit in their report that in every single case where . Exegesis is the exposition or explanation of a text based on a careful, objective analysis. He taught that these principles were: the One, the Intellect, and the Soul. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours. Eisegesis is the interpretation of a passage based on a subjective, non-analytical reading. Of course, we all know what a cult is, right? And an even greater number believe in God, and believe Jesus lived, was crucified, came back to life, etc., but have not placed their trust in Him for the forgiveness of their sin, so they call themselves Christians, go to church on Sunday, devoutly practice all the rituals, and yet, will hear Jesus say, "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never . The point is that you can't pick pieces of God's commands and say "I don't believe in that" without unraveling everything for which you think you stand. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions or rulers or powers all things have been created through him and for him. (Colossians 1:1516). I was baptized on March 10, 2013. Reason #1 - The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon - Jesus did not qualify. I believe There is no perfect church due to all the paganism already have infiltrated from the beginning of Christianity. Can you give me advice on how to manage this if I really would pursue christianity with my partner together? I am not only for gay marriage, I am a gay rights activist. The main reason why Jews do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah is that according to the Jews He did not fulfill all the Messianic prophecies ("Why Do Most Jewish People Not Believe In Jesus?" Jews For Jesus, 2022). I asked if love were not what makes anything divine? Any human should believe in it because it is the truth handed to them by their creator. Rituals began to replace serious Bible study and differences in opinion soon became the basis for growth of various creeds and sects. Many people have communicated the same reactions to Jehovahs Witnesses on the issue of shunning. Although most Christians in the world, today, believe in the Trinity and that Jesus and God is the same person, serious Christians are more interested in discerning accurate knowledge from biblical research than any preconceived man-made doctrine or dogma. Christian deism is a standpoint in the philosophy of religion stemming from Christianity and Deism.It refers to Deists who believe in the moral teachingsbut not the divinityof Jesus.Corbett and Corbett (1999) cite John Adams and Thomas Jefferson as exemplars.. If God is One, and Jesus is His first-born, with all the rights of the first-born son, what does it mean when John (a Jew) wrote to a Jewish audience about the Word and the Word becoming flesh? He is a God of love. If Jews who do not believe in Jesus are going to Hell, then TruNews must be held accountable for preaching a Jew-hating Jesus and blinding the Jewish people to the love of God that is in the Gospel of Christ Jesus, "to the Jew first and also to the Gentile" (Rom. Ive been a Born Again Christian for 44 years now. As you may be aware, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into full effect on 25th May 2018. "On the third day, he rose again." That line, from the Nicene Creed, is the foundational statement of Christian belief. Jesus did pray to his father, while he was earthbound. Arius was right. 6. Jesus in His earthly ministry did all that He did by the power of the Holy Spirit. Whats the Crimson Worm? I don't believe it's necessary to believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God in order to call oneself a Christian. The key to Christianity is the Sermon on the Mount in the gospel of Matthew, chapters 5-7. While 80% of all Americans surveyed in the 2018 study said they believe in God, only 56% said the God they believe in is the one "as described in the Bible." I believe our Lord and Savior came to earth from God through the power of Gods Holy Spirit. During the sermon I felt strange really due to one reason only and that is the repeated mentioning of Jesus as the Lord and his name being more stated, sung and somehow worshipped than God. "What must I do to be saved?" A Room with a View of EternityThe Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. The groups that are Non-trinitarian ALL have some kind of outlandish beliefs. John 1:14-17 helps to clarify John 1:1. Also, see Matthew 18:16. This was done to solve a theological debate, and rejected by the Oriental Orthodox. Basically, Arianism is the belief that the preexistent Son of God was directly created by the Father, and that he was subordinate to God the Father. Circumcision in the Bible: What was it really all about? Thank you Outlaw Bible Student! The short answer is yes Photo by Paige Cody on Unsplash The long answer is: No, not really, depending on which "brand" of Christianity you subscribe to. We keep your email address private we do not give, trade, share, or sell it to others. In fact, I believe the parable of the soils is showing just that. So are you saying Christians can't have any worldly goods? While we need to be aware of them and we need to know and defendGodstruth, whats important here is that this man is a lost sinner with an eternal destiny in hellunless his heart changes. While it can be said that the Holy Spirit reflects personality (that of God and all who display his attributes), it is obvious, from scriptural research, that the Holy Spirit is not a person. As you may have guessed by now I have no place of worship except in my heart at home. WE ENCOURAGE SHARING. Thank you so much for posting this. I have listened carefully to the JW and in many ways agree with their philosophy, however, along come so many nonsense practices and Im totally turned off. Don't look at me, it's in the Bible! Another thought that is brought up is If Jesus is not God, how do you explain John 1:1? What significance do colors have in the Bible?